If you have the time to explore the Mekong in a unique and comfortable manner, why not indulge yourself with a Vat Phou Cruise 3-day adventure? You’ll be picked up from your hotel in Pakse and taken onto the river aboard a grand wooden boat. The tour visits its namesake at the UNESCO-heritage listed Vat Phou temple, as well as Tomo Temple, Don Khone and Don Det islands, a waterfall, and a local village. It also takes in the beautiful archipelago at its most magical, on a sunset cruise.
See and do:
- Experience this unique river with its many faces; from the wide, gentle waters framing bridges and Buddha statues in Pakse or Champasak, to the maze of islands in Si Phan Don
- Witness traditional Lao river life from the comforts of this luxury vessel
- Visit the famous Vat Phou temple, built by the same king who created Angkor Wat in Cambodia
- Relax and enjoy the beautiful Southern Laos archipelago drifting past while aboard a private ‘floating hotel’
- Experience some of Laos’s colonial past on Don Khone and Don Det islands
- Chat with the locals at a local village and learn about Lao life and culture
- Capture the essential of the timeless 4,000 Islands during a magical sunset cruise
Food and drink:
All of your meals are covered as well as some drinks.
How to get there:
The cruise starts and finishes in Pakse.
Organised for you:
You can read more about the cruise at www.vatphou.com