Embark on an authentic journey through the islands and discover life as it unfolds on the day of your tour:
- Visit 2 Islands, away from tourist enclaves
- Learn about traditional fishing techniques from a local fisherman
- Try your hand at throwing a traditional Lao fishing net Experience traditional handicrafts and sample local delicacies
- Sample and learn about Lao whiskey distilling
- Walk through and learn about the history of a local village temple
- Enjoy a traditional Lao fish lunch on the island (morning tour) or a sunset drink (afternoon tour)
*Note: vegetarian / other alternatives available upon advanced notice
What to expect:
This is not simply an ordinary boat trip or site-seeing tour. The River Life Experience is an adventure: get ready to immerse yourself in local culture and life in Laos. Do not settle for seeing life along Mekong river; experience it!
This is your chance to get up close and personal with the community on the 4000 Islands. Activities will vary depending on the time of year and the daily routines of villagers.
What to bring:
As you will meet villagers, monks and fishermen, please wear appropriate clothing and ensure you cover your shoulders and knees. In addition, you may want to bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat.
Morning Tour – 9:00 am – 2:00 pm Afternoon Tour – 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm Your experience takes off from Don Det Island. If you require pick-up from your hotel or plan to depart from another island, please advise upon booking. *Note: The transfer will take approximately 30 minutes each way
Organised for you:
Green Paradise Travel: +856 (0)20 5549 4928
Mr. Mo Tours: +856 (0)20 5575 9252
Wonderful Tours: +856 (0)20 9759 8666
General enquiry email: riverlifeexperience gmail.com
Since this is a new tour (only been offered since 2015), the tour guide would appreciate your feedback. It would be very helpful if you could return the questionnaire you will receive at the end of the tour to the guide.