La Folie Lodge
Located on the charming Done Daeng Island, a free car island, part of the Champasak cultural and natural heritage landscape, La Folie Lodge sits along the Mekong River, on a beach facing the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Wat Phou. Our 27 luxurious rooms are set in wooden bungalows, each with private balconies and magnificent views on the Mekong or the garden. Come and enjoy the exceptional natural beauty and unspoilt charm of Southern Laos, together with first-class facilities and the legendary Laotian welcoming.
Relax by the pool, refresh yourself with a cocktail or discover our tropical garden before enjoying the Lao or Western dishes of our chief, Mr. Lerth
With an amazing view on the Mekong River and the Wat Phou mountains, it is the ideal spot to cool down after a day in the hot sun.
The poolside restaurant offers continental cuisine and Asian specialties, from early morning breakfast to late-night snacks
Tropical trees and flowers have found a shelter, as well as the 39 different species of birds.
Enjoy the swimming pool at sunset, cycling around the lovely Done Daeng Island, or meeting with the locals is only a glimpse of what the surroundings offer. Wat Phou, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is just a 10 minutes boat ride away and the Boloven Plateau as well as the 4,000 islands offer a great half or full day excursion.
- On the island
1. Bicycle Tour on the island (Complimentary bikes from the hotel)
2. Fishing on the Mekong with villagers
3. Visit our Community Project (Schools, dispensary…)
4. Baci Ceremony
5. Sun Set Cruise in the middle of the Mekong for 1hour, with a choices of drinks and Canapés
- Outside Done-Daeng Island
1. Wat Phou Temple visit
2. Short walk or cycling in Champasak Town (boat transfer in/out is provided for free by hotel boat)
3. Bolaven Plateau ½ or Full day Tour
4. Si Phan Don (4.000 Island) Day Tour
5. Visit Tomo and Muang Kang Temple and neighboring villages along the Mekong by boat ½ day.
6. Visit Elephant Village and Trekking
7. Enjoin the best massage in the area in Champasak Spa.
8. Champasak Shadow Puppets Theater.
9. Pakse Golf
For more details and enquiry please see on our Website or contact us by e-mail or by phone
E-mail: info lafolie-laos.com
Mobile: 856 20 55532004
Activity in the area:
- Phou Salao - Viewpoint - Pakse
- Pakse City Cycling Tour (40min - 1 hr)
- Vat Phou Salao Viewpoint - Cycling Tour (2-3 hrs)
- Sedone River - Pakse - Cycling Tour (1.5 - 2 hrs)
- Vat Luang
- Champasak Palace Hotel
- The Chinese Vat SopSé - Temple
- The local Dao Heuang Market - Pakse
- Buddha Stone Carvers
- Laos Wind Trace Art Museum
- The Weavers of Ban Saphai and Don Kho
- Extended Rural Mekong Tour
- Vat Phou Cruises
- Chinese Temple
- Weaving & Buddhist Culture Tour ( Ban Saphai & Ban Don Khor)
- NGOC’S COOKING CLASSES