Champasak’s cultural and historical trails
These new thematic trails take you deep into Champasak’s cultural and historic landscape away from well-travelled routes. Discover pre-Angkorian inscriptions in a small cave and an ancient city. Learn about rice farming and processing, immerse yourself in the diverse architecture of the town, and explore local village life along and across the Mekong River.
Try these thematic trails and discover relatively unknown archaeological sites in remote areas:
- Vat Phou – Hong Nang Sida – Tao Thao: Archaeology, History, Nature
- Vat Phou – Oub Muong – Tam Leck: Archaeology, History, Nature
- Ancient City – Vat Luang Kao: Archaeology, Nature
- Ancient City – Vat Muang Kang: History, Nature, Local life
If you prefer nature, culture, history and local life, try these trails:
- Tomo Temple: Archaeology, History, Nature, Local life across the Mekong
- Don Daeng island: Nature, Local life, Panoramic view
- Champasak town historic and local life trail: History, Local life, Architecture
- Champasak rice paddies: History, Nature, Local life, Rice paddies
The eight thematic trails are all walkable, but can also be done by bicycle or by motorbike while a few trails require a combination with a boat trip on the Mekong. All trails are best done in the company of a local guide but some have been designed for independent travellers.
For more information and bookings please contact:
Vat Phou Museum
Opening hours: Daily 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Phone: Mr Soubanh +856 20 5576 9221
Email: informations vatphou-champassak.com